During the summer, Horizons at AH operates a six-week academic and enrichment program for female students who attend K-8 public schools in the greater Charleston area. A summer at Horizons combines academic instruction, enrichment activities, swimming classes, and social-emotional support to give students a well-rounded experience and expose them to a variety of new interests and activities.
- Focus on literacy and STEM (science, technology, engineering and math)
- Small classroom size with a 5:1 student to faculty ratio led by highly skilled and passionate educators
- Reading and Math Specialist for small group instruction
- Project -based learning
- Weekly Wellness and Counseling classes
- 1:1 therapy for those who may need extra support
- Daily swim instruction led by highly qualified and trained Swim Instructors and lifeguards
- Learning to swim transforms a feared challenge into a favorite activity and boosts confidence
- Inspires a healthy lifestyle
- Is FUN – it’s the overwhelming favorite among Horizons students!
- Weekly dance and art classes
- Enviromental Education
- Women's Health classes
- Weekly field trips in the Charleston community that are educational and FUN!